Graduate Export Marketing Assistant
Fixed Term Opportunity – 18 months
MFC was launched in 2016 with the mission of designing and developing exceptional quality sports clothing and teamwear for clubs and societies across the world. Since then, MFC has experienced remarkable growth and development to the point that it is one of the most important sports clothing companies in Ireland.
MFC now seeks to recruit an ambitious & proactive Graduate Market Development Assistant to manage a range of market research & development duties aligned to growth in the Republic of Ireland market. This opportunity is supported by Invest NI through the ‘Graduate to Export’ programme.
1) Research role aimed at supporting development in new markets in the Republic of Ireland within the core markets of GAA sports, football and schools.
2) Actively building the MFC brand presence in target market areas.
Responsibilities & Duties
1) Assessing market size and opportunity in specified target markets in support of sales campaigns.
2) Developing a profile of every club and organisation in each target area for MFC products and services – to include current suppliers, average spend, number of members etc.
3) Prioritising target clubs and organisations according to size, growth, profile etc.
4) Developing a profile of competitors including product pricing, customer order processes and contract & loyalty scheme arrangements.
5) Developing and delivering research programmes of current & previous customers to review customer feedback on MFC products, brand and service.
6) Developing and delivering research programmes of non customers/customers of other teamwear companies to review customer perception of MFC products, brand and service.
7) Identifying potential influential partners and partner organisations in target areas who could facilitate MFC brand awareness and growth in the area.
8) Identifying media and other outlets who can promote the MFC brand in target areas.
9) Designing and delivering brand awareness events in target regions towards building the MFC brand and presence in that area.
10) Providing active & practical support and information to the MFC sales team and the Digital Marketing Assistant in target market areas.
11) Referring organisations to the MFC sales team in carrying out the above duties.
This is a key position in the MFC Sales & Marketing Department. The post-holder will report to the General Manager.
The post-holder will be located at MFC HQ for the first six months of the programme. Thereafter the post-holder will be expected to relocate to a sales hub in the Republic of Ireland. Note: Graduate travel will depend on Covid 19 travel guidelines and restrictions in place at the time.
The post-holder will be automatically enrolled on a course to obtain a Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing through virtual delivery. Fully funded by Invest NI, the educational course is delivered by Ulster University alongside the Institute of Export and International Trade.
|Basic Criteria||Enhanced Criteria|
|A 2:1 honours degree in a marketing discipline.||A 1st class honours degree in a marketing discipline.|
|Demonstrable evidence of managing a marketing or marketing research programme in a working environment for a minimum of six months.||Demonstrable evidence of managing a marketing or marketing research programme in a working environment for a minimum of one year.|
Candidates must be willing to relocate to the Republic of Ireland for up to 12 months and should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Northern Ireland.
MFC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER